Your nutrient dense whole food treat
For all you pancake lovers this is one of my favourite sweet treats, and you will be happy to know it is clean, nourishing and nutrient dense. Made from organic free range eggs (key), smashed banana, a sprinkling of cinnamon, a little almond butter (optional) and toped off with your favourite fruit (seasonal of course :) a dollop of coconut cream and a drizzle of raw honey and I guarantee you will be presently surprised.
What I love about these is not only are they extremely tasty they are also very easy to make.
Ingredients: (makes 3-4 medium sized pancakes)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1 tsp of Almond butter (optional)
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil for greasing pan.
- In a medium sized bowl mash banana until nice and smooth.
- Combine all other ingredients except coconut oil and lightly whisk.
- Heat pan (stainless steel ideally) over medium heat. Lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles and the sides of the pancake firm up (about 2 minutes)
- Carefully flip the pancakes (this is an art! ;) and cook the underside, for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate and serve with your favourite fruits, a dabble or three of coconut cream and a drizzle of raw honey, and enjoy.
Enjoy, and remember to let me know what you think in the comments below.
Happiness and Health